I have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join a leading ship management company, as a Technical Superintendent for their growing cruise division.
As a Technical Superintendent, you will be responsible for overseeing the technical operations of our cruise vessels, ensuring their safety and compliance with all regulatory requirements. You will work closely with the onboard team and shore-based personnel to maintain the highest standards of safety, performance, and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, with experience in marine engineering and shipboard operations. You should be able to work independently and as part of a team, with excellent communication and leadership skills.
Experience in the cruise industry is mandatory: You gained it either during your time on board in a senior position or in a similar shore position.
Job Objective and Key Accountability
- You will monitor and control the safe and cost efficient technical operation of all assigned vessels using the available resources, within the defined parameters of cost, commercial viability and operational excellence in line with Owners expectations.
- You will stay in close contact with clients and maintain good working relationships with client representatives
- You will arrange and execute Drydock activities at regular intervals
- You will manage vessel visits, audits and inspections
- You will ensure environmental compliance policies are upheld.
- B.S. degree in Nautical Science, Mechanical, Electrical or Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or equivalent, or Chief Engineer’s or Master’s qualification
- Experience in the cruise-industry is mandatory: You gained it either during your time on board in a senior position or in a similar shore position
- You have been working as a superintendent or in a similar position for a ship-owning or ship-managing company for 5+ years
- You bring 2-3 years’ experience in leading a team in a shore position.