Silverstream Technologies has successfully developed and deployed a market-leading clean marine technology solution over the last ten years – The Silverstream® System. Our Air Lubrication System (ALS) fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel’s hull, creating a carpet of microbubbles that coats the flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced – dramatically improving a vessel’s fuel consumption and associated emissions.
As a Systems Engineer at Silverstream Technologies, you'll play a vital role in providing marine systems expertise to our cutting-edge business. Your responsibilities will span from developing and maintaining core control and automation solutions to applying them to projects and supporting our in-service fleet.
- Provide technical support and guidance to engineering and project teams.
- Develop and maintain the standard core control and automation solution.
- Implement the core solution on future projects, ensuring specification and documentation.
- Collaborate with shipyards and owners to define project requirements and support ship build programs.
- Design, integrate, and troubleshoot PLC-based control systems and components.
- Manage technical risks, identify mitigation plans, and ensure project objectives are met.
- Support in-service systems, offering expertise in control and automation aspects.
- Contribute to supply chain strategy, exploring new options for successful growth.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, electronic, or automation-related subject.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in automation and control, preferably in the marine industry.
- Proficiency in PLC-based machinery control systems design, including sequencing and event-based control.
- Familiarity with network and communication protocols (Ethernet, Modbus, Profibus, NMEA).
- Knowledge of HMI design and PLC programming following IEC 61131 standards.
- Experience in system integration and multidisciplinary project collaboration.
- Excellent communication, report writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational abilities, with the capacity to manage multiple projects on strict timelines.
- Adaptability to modernize existing functionality and work across platforms and operating systems.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Exposure to marine classification society rules (DNV, ABS, LR, etc.) preferred.
- On-site commissioning experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Matlab/Simulink or object-oriented programming languages advantageous.