Silverstream Technologies has successfully developed and deployed a market-leading clean marine technology solution over the last ten years - The Silverstream® System. Our Air Lubrication System (ALS) fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel's hull, creating a carpet of microbubbles that coats the flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced - dramatically improving a vessel's fuel consumption and associated emissions.
This key role is to provide Marine Systems subject matter expertise to the Silverstream Technologies business. You will be involved in a wide range of activities from developing and maintaining the core control and automation solution, applying it to projects and supporting the in-service fleet. You will also provide technical input to the strategic supply chain plans being implemented by the company.
- Provide technical support and advice to engineering and project teams
- Standard C&A Solution
- o Review & maintain solutions utilised on current and previous projects
- o Develop and document the standard core solution for use on future projects (specifications, drawings etc.)
- o Maintain core solution and manage releases using robust configuration management
- o Obsolescence management
- o Manage new product introduction (NPI)
- Apply C&A on Projects
- o Support tendering activity by recommending technical solution and costings
- o Capture the requirements for projects.
- o Definition and specification of I/O interfaces to ST hardware.
- o Maintenance of Product Documentation to reflect I/O (Block Diagrams, Termination Drawings, I/O Lists, Technical Specifications, FAT, HAT and SAT acceptance procedures.
- o Work with shipyards and owners to agree and freeze requirements specification and to support technical aspects of ship build programme.
- o Plan and complete project specific design/configuration (hardware, functions, software, integration), ensuring customer and project requirements are met.
- o Integration with existing ship systems
- o Support hardware procurement (Specification, Supplier Liaison, Supplier Quality Management)
- o Specify, test and troubleshoot PLC based control systems and associated components.
- o Support Commissioning.
- o Identify and manage technical risks on the projects and ensure mitigation plans are in place.
- In-Service Support – covering C&A aspects of deployed systems
- Supply Chain - Technical aspects of supply chain strategy to explore additional supply chain options and support successful growth