Lloyd's Register is a leading international provider of classification, compliance & consultancy services to the Ocean Economy, helping their customers design, construct & operate their assets to the highest levels of safety & performance.
We are currently recruiting for a Global Senior Emissions Specialist to join their Technology Development Group.
The Carbon Capture Engineer will be focused on ensuring the safe integration of the emissions management technologies, being developed for use onboard ships and offshore installations, for the management of a range of emissions considered harmful to humans and/or the environment.
The successful applicant will have hands-on responsibilities to:
- Provide Emissions technology expertise to the technology development plan
- Reviewing and assimilating the results of Emission technology related activities and projects to support the development of decarbonisation related products and services.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Emissions technology developments across the industry.
- Disseminate and communicate Emissions technology knowledge and experience internally through training, presentation, guidance, advice etc. and externally through client meetings, workshops, seminars, webinars etc
- Detailed knowledge and ideally, practical experience of technologies such as catalytic conversion and carbon capture for industrial, petrochemical or power generation emissions from power plant operating on both fuel oil and natural gas but also on emerging fuels including biofuels, synthetic fuels and zero carbon fuels.
- Understanding and appreciation of safety issues surrounding Emissions derived from various sources as well as Emissions technologies and their applications
- Understanding of NOx and Sox emissions as well as future fuel emissions e.g. from ammonia etc
- Understanding of classification rules regulations is desirable.
The role sits within the Technical Development Team; a group of subject matter experts who are responsible for providing technical expertise globally. Whilst the team is based the Southampton UK, the successful candidate could report to the team remotely and be based in another location.