Our client provides environmental solutions to shipowners worldwide, allowing them to comply with new standards for the treatment of discharged ballast water. These standards have created a rapidly growing market for protecting the world's oceans from invasive marine species being transferred from one ecosystem to another.
You will be required to:
- Work with shipyard engineers to specify the system for installation
- Iterate with vendors on fabrication designs
- Review and Approve design details to ensure accurate configurations
- Develop piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) for the system layout
- Coordinate with Project managers, designers, and electrical engineers
- Resolve issues and questions related to the system design
- Work within a typical project management process using work breakdown structures, and our ERP system.
- Prepare supporting documentation including installation specification; Operation, Maintenance, and Safety Manual; and commissioning documents.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- This position requires a sharp eye above all. In our business, accuracy is paramount.
- Proactive problem solver – As a small company that’s growing fast, we are rapidly outgrowing our systems and processes. We are seeking someone to help build our company for its future growth.
- Excellent communication – In this role, you will interact with all types of people and companies. You will be expected to solve and diffuse issues as they arise ensuring proper execution of our projects and their deliveries. This will require tactful and clear written, phone and in-person correspondence.
Please contact me for more details.