HSEQ team discipline expert for Class / Flag legislative requirement and approvals, including compilation of new build documentation. Point of contact for unification of Company Safety Management System (SMS) and other designated projects including trial and evaluation of alternate safety equipment and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Support the HSEQ Manager and Fleet Team(s) with planning, execution, and delivery of:
- New build documentation including, Safety Management Certificate (SMC), International Ship Security Certificate (ISSC), Ship Security Plan (SSP), Shipboard Oil Pollution Emergency Plan (SOPEP), Garbage Management Plan (GMP), Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP) etc.
- Registration and initial testing of Ship Security and Alert System (SSAS) and Long-Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT)Ongoing SSAS and LRIT tests (with the nominated HSEQ Superintendent and vessel Masters)Interim International Safety Management (ISM), International Ship and Port Facility (ISPS) and Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) audits
- Trials of alternate safety equipment and PPE
- PPE matrix
- Unification of SMS
Review and maintain project documentation delivery schedules and ensure fleet teams are informed of potential gaps/shortfalls
Review and maintain LNG-E approved PPE matrix
Liaise with Classification and Flag (as applicable) to verify / approve new build documentation
Proactively solicit feedback and improvement suggestions for unified SMS project
Assist HSEQ Superintendents with updating procedures and processes in the Company’s unified SMS
- Degree or equivalent
- Naval Architect (desirable)
- Work experience with Class or Flag (essential)
- HSEQ experience (desirable)