Founded in 1971, our client has a global presence in over 40 countries and works on campaigns to develop solutions for a greener future. They are looking to appoint a Head of Technical Operations to drive their mission forward
In this senior leadership role as part of the leadership team you will interact across the enterprise with the Operations, Technical and Crewing departments at a high level. This role is high-profile due to relevance of campaigns you will be working on.
As Head of Technical Operations you will lead and manage the Technical Operations unit and be a crucial part of the Operations Management team, ensuring the unit is integrated in the strategy development and implementation of the department.
The mission of the Operations Department is to contribute to achieve the company’s Global Programme and Framework Objectives by providing advice, inspiration, guidance, oversight, and support in the areas of actions, investigations, security, and maritime operations.
What can you expect?
- The opportunity to join an organisation with a genuine non-profit mission
- Fully remote working
- A market leading salary and benefits to match
- Promote the research and development (R&D) of ships, maritime and campaign related equipment.
- Issue and periodically review and implement the Company policies and procedures, in relation to ships operations legislation (SOLAS, MARPOL etc.) including country and area specific requirements to ensure safe and effective worldwide operation of ships and other marine related equipment.
- Pro-actively and on request provide the organisation with expert advice on all maritime issues.
- Keep abreast of technical and nautical developments and to lead the way in terms of responsible and sustainable ships management, paving the way to a zero-emission fleet.
- In line with agreed specifications, manage the purchases, services, budgets and monitor new ship building, life cycle and end of life projects, project teams for major ship conversions/repairs, asbestos, and hazardous waste management.
- Ensure planned maintenance systems are set up and regularly updated and reviewed, including the testing, calibration of technical equipment and systems in line with regulatory (Classification, flag state) requirements.
- Act as DPA in accordance with ISM Code requirements, and as the Company Security Officer (CSO) in accordance with agreed levels of compliance, like ISPS Code and the ILO Maritime Labour Convention (MLC).
- Ensure that ships are prepared effectively, risks managed, and crews prepared and trained for passage through High-Risk Areas.
Your skill & qualification
- A Deck officer background with significant senior leadership experience in ships/fleet management and marine, safety and HSEQ.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in operating within an international and multicultural environment.
- Experience in working with multicultural senior staff and teams across borders
- Exceptional influencing skills, and strong negotiation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience in working effectively to very tight deadlines in stressful conditions.
- Experience in building effective teams.
- Budget and purchase management experience.
- Experience in fleet management software desirable.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience in Ship insurance and claims management.
- ISM / ISPS Code/ Quality Management System auditor training and experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English (any other language is an asset).
This role offers the opportunity to make a significant impact within a reputable organisation. The client offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package. If you are ready to take the next step in your career with a global organisation, please apply today.