The Aberdeen office currently consists of 17 colleagues within various functions of vessel management.
Solstad Offshore has more than 50 years of experience within various shipping segments and is currently the leading provider of specialised offshore tonnage to the international offshore energy industry, both renewable and petroleum based with a core fleet of around 90 vessels and more than 3,300 employees.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in technical management and planned maintenance of offshore support vessels and willing to be key member of our high impact team.
If you do not fulfil all set forth requirements but feel you could be a good candidate for the position/company with the provision of on the job training and mentoring, please feel free to apply.
As technical superintendent, you will be responsible for technical duties of designated vessels. The role forms an integral part of the vessel management teams, working alongside resources in Operations, HSEQ, Crewing, Purchasing and senior officers on-board the vessels.
If you are looking for new challenges, have relevant experience and want to become a part of a professional and experienced technical team, this might be the opportunity for you.
As Technical Superintendent you will report to the Technical Manager
- Daily technical follow-up for designated vessels
- Responsible for vessel dry docking, repairs and survey as required in close cooperation with Technical and Maintenance Manager
- Monitor vessel status regarding class certificates and survey
- Perform budgeting and cost control on designated vessels
- Responsibility for PMS on designated vessels
- Higher maritime or technical education
- 10 years’ experience from maritime operations
- Experience with PMS systems, preferable TMv2
- Good knowledge of DP offshore vessels
- Systematic, solution oriented, good communication and cooperation skills
- Fluent in English
- Good skills in ICT systems
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.