This position is based in London, UK. All applicants must live within a commutable distance to the office and have existing Right to Work in the UK. There will be a substantial amount of European travel required in this role which will be funded by the company.
As a Technical Manager you will be responsible for providing general operational support for the technical aspects of a designated fleet of approximately ten yachts.
- Providing advice and expertise when required.
- Provide support to other internal departments on technical matters as well as identify and promote technical commercial opportunities.
- Manage Technical Compliance of a designated fleet of yachts assigned to you including carrying out technical inspections onboard.
- Provide operational support - to help limit technical and ISM related defects.
- Ensure a complete Planned Maintenance System is in place and in use.
- Provide an executive summary on status and forecasts for the technical management of your assigned fleet.
- Maintain sound working relationships with the crew and clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience sailing as Chief Engineer / 2nd Engineer onboard Superyachts above 60M or Cruise ships.
- STCW III/2 Chief Engineer (Unlimited) or STCW Y1 marine engineer 3,000GT and <9,000kW.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken at a high professional level.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask.
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Ability to prioritize and complete time sensitive tasks.
- A high degree of attention to detail, capable of checking/ recording information accurately
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite and planned maintenance systems.
- Self-motivated, able to solve problems and manage their own time.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality.
- Flexibility to travel frequently.
- Experience working in a Yacht Management Company in a similar role.
- Qualification in auditing prosses and standards such as ISM Lead Auditor
- Previous shore-based experience as an Engineering Superintendent, Technical Manager or Surveyor.
If you are interested, please click apply or send an up to date CV to Joeleen.Rowe@Faststream.com for more information.