Silverstream Technologies has successfully developed and deployed a market-leading clean marine technology solution over the last ten years - The Silverstream® System. Our Air Lubrication System (ALS) fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel's hull, creating a carpet of microbubbles that coats the flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced - dramatically improving a vessel's fuel consumption and associated emissions.
The role of Strategic Sourcing Lead is a key strategic addition to the Silverstream Technologies team, reporting directly to the Head of Supply Chain the role holder is primarily responsible for the identification and introduction of new suppliers across the full business lifecycle and informing the supply chain strategic direction.
- Develop the company strategy for supplier selection and supply chain diversity.
- Develop and own a Category Management process to meet core business supply needs.
- Develop and own a Total Cost of Ownership concept aligned with the Product Development roadmap.
- Own certain key supplier relationships, negotiate terms and manage supplier performance.
- Ensure supply chain risk is appropriately managed and mitigated.
- Develop and own the do/buy process which underpins the supply chain execution strategy.
- Be a champion for the function and mentor the technical, project and business administration teams in best practice supplier engagement and performance management.
- Experience in the following disciplines;
- Category Management
- ideally with experience in one or more categories of air compressor, fabrications and electrical and automation.
- Models such as “total cost of ownership” and “should cost”.
- Supplier relationships, especially experience in negotiation and agreement management.
- Category Management
- International supply chain experience, ideally with Asian supply chain experience.
- QHSE - knowledge of current best practice requirements.
- Logistics – knowledge and familiarity of Incoterms, customs and duties.
- Risk Management – identification and management of risk in the supply chain.
- Familiarity with a project related business.
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline and CIPS, or equivalent, accredited or working towards accreditation.
- Excellent business standard written and verbal skills – English.
- High degree of organisation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills – accessible and approachable.
- Travel: occasional overseas travel.
- Place of work: London with a hybrid working policy.