My client specialises in the engineering design and provision of mooring systems for FPSOs, FSRUs and FSOs. Alongside this, they also have a fully detailed suite of designs for Conventional, CALM and Deepwater Offloading Buoys.
They have recently and successfully diversified into the renewables sector and are working with clients to develop a number of floating wind, wave and tidal energy designs. They have extensive experience of offshore transportation and installation, heavy lift engineering and decommissioning.
Reporting to the Lead Naval Architect, the candidate shall be responsible for developing designs and performing hydrodynamic, hydrostatic, mooring and riser analyses as per Client specifications and Industry standards and regulations, while being proficient in writing technical specifications and design documents.
- Undertaking the design of turret and spread-moored systems for offshore structures from concept through FEED to detailed design.
- Designing and analysing subsea flexibles (risers, umbilicals and power cables) for deep and shallow water offshore structures.
- Performing intact and damaged stability calculations for floating units.
- Perform hydrodynamic analyses for floating units for Oil & Gas and Renewable industries.
- Writing and checking technical reports
- Representing the Company during offshore campaigns (installation of mooring and riser systems).
- Degree qualified in Naval Architecture or similar discipline.
- A strong technical background in the offshore industry, ideally with Mooring Systems, Buoys, Fixed and Floating O&G/Renewable Structures.
- Report writing skills, technical reports and calculation notes to support analytical work carried out.
- Competent in performing Mooring and Hydrodynamic analysis.
- Experience in using the following software’s: OrcaFlex, Ariane, Hydrostar, GHS, SESAM
- Experience in Python language for pre- and post-processing of engineering analyses.
- Familiar with offshore code and standards