The Company -
They are a global Oil & Gas company that covers a vast number of areas in the Energy world. From fabrication to procurement to Renewables and Upstream production.
The Role -
Preparation of monthly accounts under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) reporting to Head Office using Hyperion Mastro, preparation of year-end statutory and group accounts and preparation of the Statutory Financial Statements under IFRS or Financial Reporting Standards 101 (FRS 101).
For all the Companies included in the UK Business Unit prepare, analyse and submit to client:
- o Monthly income statement (P/L) and financial position.
- o Quarterly actuals (P/L, BS, and financial position) using Hyperion Mastro/PCFM/SAR and AROS, incl./ additional Mastro forms for half year and year end.
- o Year End Financial Statements and detailed analyses of selected items, according to (client) group Accounting policies and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) internal controls.
- To ensure that the Mastro/PCFM/AROS and SAR reporting and all requested information are provided to (client)head office according to the deadlines.
- To ensure that the year-end financial reporting is consistent with accounting data (ie. SAP to Mastro reconciliation).
- To prepare monthly trial balance in accordance with (client)Group accounting policies (IFRS).
- To prepare quarterly and annual trial Balance for O.N.S.
- To prepare the year-end statutory financial statements under IFRS or FRS 101
- To prepare monthly reconciliations and accounting schedules for designated accounts, including intercompany accounts.
- To calculate monthly depreciation, abandonment and under/overlift charges and adjustments using actual production data. Calculation of depreciation for Fixed Assets.
- To control and maintain the Fixed Assets register.
- To maintain and input into the AROS reporting system for decommissioning.
- To maintain and input into the SAR Revenue reporting system for intercompany sales information.
- To assist and answer queries from internal and external auditors.
- To perform the evaluation of Shareholdings (i.e impairment of investments review).
- To book, monitor and reconcile accruals (including Opex and Capex) and prepayments, be responsible for Inventory accounting and Logistics accounting and run cutback.
- To participate and control non-statutory audit work such as OPS, G&A, Debenture Loan Stock.
- To review the booking of Head Office entries and co-ordinate the preparation of the year-end accounts for the UK-resident Companies having stable organisation outside the UK.
- To perform various ad-hoc accounting duties as required.
- To run cutback on operated assets and provide billings to partners, acting as liaison contact with partners.
- To prepare SOX internal controls and report as required for SOX purposes.
- Supervise and mentor to junior accountants.
- To assist Finance manager with any ad hoc tasks as required.
- To ensure adherence to the Company’s Health, Safety & Environment policies, procedures and standards.
- To fully comply with (client) Code of Ethics and Law 231 principles.
The Person -
Worked with the following previously:
- Work closely with the other Finance teams (tax, budget, treasury internal control and accounting).
- Liaison with Technical departments in respect to data collection.
- Liaison with Co Sec teams as necessary
- Liaison with internal and external auditors
- Liaison with external joint venture partners
- Liaison with operated assets partners
- Degree qualified in Accounting, Economics, Business Management or equivalent.
- Qualification in one of the professional accounting bodies (e.g. CA, CIMA or ACCA) essential.
- Knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role/position required.
- Oil and Gas Industry experience preferable.
- Previous experience in reputable accounting practice would be desirable.