I am currently working with a growing Cruise company, and have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Category Manager, focusing on the Technical Department, to work in the companies Head Office.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for market intelligence through monitoring and reporting on macro and micro influences, supporting the wider Procurement team. This includes tracking market trends, commodity markets, key events, innovations and trade shows.
- Lead market research and intelligence across both Hotel and Technical Procurement categories to ensure that the latest industry trends, innovations and developments are communicated across the Procurement team on an ongoing basis as well as when required to support sourcing initiatives.
- Develop and own monthly market research and intelligence reporting tool to communicate findings and developments to the Procurement team, as well as to key stakeholders
- Support the Procurement Director and the MSC Sustainable Procurement Committee in capturing and monitoring the initiatives required to execute the aims and objectives of MSC and how we involve suppliers on our sustainable procurement journey
- Establish an audit reporting/tracking system to enhance supplier and supply chain visibility, developing templates and capturing MSC supplier audits and supplier self-audit results globally.
- Support the Procurement Manager – Hotel and Procurement – Technical to establish a calendar of key supplier relationship initiatives, eg periodic supplier reviews and KPI tracking, and to catalogue and track the results centrally
- Support the ISO9001 quality management initiatives to ensure ongoing conformity across the Hotel & Technical Procurement department
- Maintain key communication with our satellite Procurement departments in Shanghai and Miami to support information sharing and ongoing alignment
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a similar role or strategic Procurement role
- Business qualification (NVQ or higher) to support best practice technique application
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths & English
- PC literacy with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Essential)
- Experience of using Procurement systems (eg Oracle / SAP applications)
- Strong relationship management and communication skills
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with a leading company, enjoy an attractive package and career development opportunities. Candidates must have the existing right to live and work in the UK.