The Marine Superintendent is the marine resource to the Fleet Cell and contribute towards operating the vessels to the highest safety standards, in compliance with company and regulatory requirements,, ensuring flawless service delivery to customers.
- Act as Company Security Officer (CSO) and plan ISPS audits for designated fleet/vessels within the required timescales
- To assist and support the DPA and act as deputy DPA when required.
- Planning, arranging and monitoring the internal and external audits of the appropriate managed vessels
- Safety is our first priority and the Marine Superintendent has, in collaboration with the Fleet Manager, the authority and the accountability for taking necessary decisions that ensure constant safe operation
- In conjunction with the Shipboard team prepare vessels for inspection/audit by PSC, Flag, Oil Major, CDI and similar bodies.
- Minimum qualification of Class 2 (1st Mate) certificate of competency and seagoing experience as a Chief Officer
- three years’ experience as a senior shipboard officer and five years of relevant ship type experience (Offshore vessels)
- practical senior level experience in ship management operations in a shipping company with relevant ship type experience
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and interact with people at all levels