This role is to provide subject matter expertise to the Silverstream Technologies business in the context of mechanical components and piping systems that are integral to the functioning of ALS. The primary function of the role will be to provide engineering support to the design and installation of ALS on new and existing vessels, as well as lead/assist projects aimed at developing first of Class system designs.
You will be involved in a wide range of activities, including specification of components and their interface at ship, and developing engineering documentation for new products. You will also be responsible for reviewing shipyard documentation, performing engineering calculations to assist the shipyard’s design as well as helping to manage the technical relationship with key OEMs, chief amongst which are compressor manufacturers.
- Higher Degree in Mechanical OR Marine Engineering.
- Chartered Engineering Status is desirable although not essential.
- A clear and demonstratable understanding of marine air compressor design, operation and installation in a marine environment.
- A clear and demonstratable understanding of marine piping systems and ability to calculate pipe system losses, pipe stresses, heat transfer and similar characteristics.
- A clear and demonstratable understanding of marine HVAC systems and ability to calculate air flow needs.
- Experience relating to the oversight and verification of mechanical works executed within a shipyard environment is desirable although not essential.
- Conversant with AutoCAD and/or similar drafting packages. Some experience with 3D modelling (AutoCAD Inventor) is desirable although not essential.