Oyster has a worldwide reputation as a leading builder of quality cruising yachts and has a global footprint through its sales, offices and activities. The Company produces yachts from its UK sites, in Southampton Hampshire and Wroxham Norfolk and has support offices in Palma Mallorca and the US. Oyster provides full life support with refit, after sales and technical support together with new and used yacht sales.
With a headcount of circa 150, the Head of Operations will maintain and monitor the production targets, as well as setting the standards for quality and an effective production process. They will also have oversight of the Oyster Composite Technology (OCT) with the Head of Production reporting in.
Experience we are looking for;
- Proven track record in manufacturing/production business of high-end low volume products.
- Experience of project management in a production environment with builds times of up to 12 months.
- Extensive experience of production planning factoring labour requirements, materials supply and facility capability.
- Experience of the marine industry and the associated technologies, desirable.
- Proven track record in delivering against KIPs, with focus on output, quality and on time delivery.
- Previously held a leadership position responsible for a workforce of 150 staff teams with a combination of hourly/salaried personnel.
- Process/continuous improvement experience with proven achievements of production efficiency, cost saving and improvement on product margin.
- Supplier and contractor management.
- Degree educated, Manufacturing, Production, Operations Management or similar discipline
- Project Management, desirable.
- Chartered Institute of Management or equivalent.
- Six Sigma trained, preferable.