We are working with a leading inland waterway transportation company that specialises in the efficient and reliable movement of goods and passengers across a vast network of rivers and canals. With a strong commitment to safety, sustainability, and customer satisfaction, our client are a trusted partner in the transportation industry.
Role Overview: As a Crewing Officer for Inland Waterway Vessels, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the vessels. Your primary responsibility will be to manage the crewing process, from recruitment and onboarding to scheduling and training. Your excellent German-speaking skills will be essential for effective communication with the crew members and other stakeholders.
- Crew Management: Recruit, select, and onboard crew members for the fleet of inland waterway vessels. Maintain crew records and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and certification requirements.
- Scheduling: Develop and maintain crew schedules, considering operational needs, work-rest hours regulations, and crew rotation cycles.
- Training and Development: Coordinate training programs for the crew, ensuring continuous professional development and compliance with safety standards.
- Communication: Facilitate effective communication between crew members, management, and other departments, using your German-speaking skills to address any issues or concerns.
- Compliance: Ensure that all crew-related processes adhere to industry regulations, company policies, and labour laws.
- Performance Evaluation: Conduct performance evaluations of crew members and provide feedback to support their growth and excellence.
- Crew Welfare: Act as a point of contact for crew welfare matters, promoting a positive working environment onboard the vessels.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken German is essential, as you will be liaising with German-speaking crew members and stakeholders.
- Previous experience in crewing within the maritime or transportation industry.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage crew schedules and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to foster a collaborative and respectful work environment.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and certifications related to inland waterway vessel crewing is a plus.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development.
- Be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking team that values innovation and employee well-being.
Please note the existing right to live and work in Europe is essential to apply for this role