As a Crew Insurance Specialist you will enjoy a varied role managing crew relationships, processing claims and educating crew on how to make a claim.
Conducting regular visits to talk to crew face to face onboard you will manage your time between business development, claims handling and nurturing good relations with crew as well as identifying new commercial opportunities.
The ideal candidates will have:
- EU passport (or equivalent visa) that allows open travel within the EU
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to generate strong relationships
- Familiarity with the dynamics of a crew mess
- A proven ability to use Microsoft Office products to intermediate level
- Great networking skills
- Capability to work independently and take initiative but also be an excellent team player
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Excellent problem solving and multitasking abilities
- Ability to remain composed in demanding situations
- A professional home office setup
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels (dealing with Owners, Captains, Crew and Colleagues)
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and numeracy
- Previously sailed onboard as a Purser or 1st Mate.
- Crew or Insurance background
- A sales personality, a self-starter
- Experience of docks, shipyards and negotiating security clearance to gain access to crew and Captains etc
- The ability to comfortably sit in a crew mess, having a cup of tea
- Shore based experience
To find out more please email your CV to Vanessa.Haddacks@faststream.com to arrange a confidential call.