Silverstream Technologies have successfully developed and deployed a market-leading clean marine technology solution over the last ten years. The Air Lubrication System (ALS) fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel's hull, creating a carpet of microbubbles that coats the flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced - dramatically improving a vessel's fuel consumption and associated emissions.
The CAD Engineer will work across all departments within Silverstream Technologies, primarily Technical and Sales, delivering high quality CAD draughting services to the business. The CAD Engineer will be expected to prepare, modify and maintain marine engineering diagrams, detailed design drawings, schematics and specifications using computer aided design software.
- Create, modify and control detailed two and three-dimensional structural, electrical, piping, HVAC, arrangement & equipment drawings from engineers’ sketches, plans and written and verbal instructions to a high level of quality.
- Produce clear and accurate layouts for products and equipment.
- Produce 3D Models of The Silverstream® System, outline and detail drawings of products and components. These shall be dimensionally accurate and suitably tolerance.
- Produce parts lists which are comprehensive and accurate using whichever system the Company is operating for this purpose.
- Produce Assembly drawings which define the manufacturing assembly and locate and itemise the components.
- Produce installation drawings which provide the necessary data to an installer of the product.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a CAD draughtsperson – using either AutoDesk or Solidworks products. Experience ideally to be from within the marine sector.
- Familiar with draughting 2D P&ID’s, Structural Steelwork drawings, Electrical Single Line diagrams as well as 3D Modelling Pipework, Products and assemblies.
- Shall be familiar with the use of CAD in conjunction with PDM/PLM systems.
- Experience with the design of marine systems is desirable although not essential.
- Must be a ‘self-starter’ who is keen to learn and assist in any aspect of the business, even where outside of their job description and experience.
- Competent knowledge of weld specifications and geometric tolerance
- Must be able to Follow established drafting standards and procedures, as well as applying relevant technical standards and rules. Must also be willing and capable to search out and comply with standards the applicant may not have used prior.