This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Captain/Master Mariner, Chief Officer / 1st Officer ready to make the transition shoreside or a Yacht Manager looking to make a move.
The main objectives of the Yacht Manager is to provide support and an efficient and proactive management service to the Owners, Owners representatives and Captains for their assigned vessels.
Key responsibilities of the role are varied and can include the preparation of annual budgets, working closely with the Captains and Engineers in ensuring the yachts maintenance is managed, organising annual dry dockings, monitoring the yachts certification, budgeting, ensuring that vessels adhere to class and flag requirements. It will be your responsibility to ensure that work is completed on time, within budget and kept to company standards. You will also enjoy regular travel to the yachts to conduct inspections and visits.
Candidate minimum requirements.
- 10 years’ experience in the Maritime industry including significant experience as Captain / Chief officer – Yachting experience is preferred but Commercial shipping candidates will be seriously considered.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good commercial knowledge and negotiating ability
- Excellent decision-making ability
- Knowledge of class regulations
- Willingness and ability to look after Owners interests
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Well presented
- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken) and Computer Literacy
- Strong attention to detail, report writing
- Willing and able to travel frequently
- Experience sailing as senior deck officer in the Superyacht sector
- Strong knowledge of relevant Flag State – specific Policies and Guidance affecting Yacht Operations.
- Up to date knowledge of maritime legislation including marine insurance
- Strong knowledge of ISM, ISM/ISPS auditor experience and or qualification – this is not a minimum requirement as you will work closely alongside a separate compliance team.
- Project Management experience in the Superyacht sector, refits, new builds, dry docks
To find out more please email your CV to Joeleen.Rowe@faststream.com. If you have not been contacted within 10 days of making your application, please understand that you have not been successful this time and we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.