As a vital link in the international gas supply chains, they serve major oil companies and trading houses across Southeast Asia, Europe, West Africa, and the Americas.
Due to a recent promotion, they are looking to hire a Gas Cargo engineer to provide this technical expertise to the fleet.
- Manage daily technical and operational matters for a group of vessels, ensuring overall maintenance, general condition, and operational excellence.
- Maintain strict cost control of operating budgets, financial reporting, and preparation of vessels' annual budgets.
- Ensure vessels adhere to international regulations, overseeing surveys, inspections, and timely completion of class requirements.
- Spearhead Drydock repairs, from specification and planning to execution and budget settlement.
- Conduct Management Inspections, identify areas for improvement, and ensure implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Collaborate with Class, Oil Majors, Ship Owners, Suppliers, and stakeholders for seamless vessel operations.
- Implement and uphold safety, environmental standards, and cost-effectiveness in line with corporate policies.
- Establish consistent, professional, and efficient service delivery standards.
- Mentor and train officers and crew, conducting appraisals and recommending actions.
- Interview engine officers for selection/promotion and investigate incidents/accidents when appointed by Fleet Managers.
- Chief Engineers Certificate of Competency.
- Sailing experience on MAN B&W ME type engines, preferably on Gas/Ethylene Vessels or Cascade cooling systems.
- Technologically driven with a penchant for a digital environment and logical process development.
- Ability to travel at short notice and manage a 24/7 on-call lifestyle.
- Expertise in developing, improving, and implementing safe, cost-effective technical vessel management processes.
- In-depth knowledge of rules and regulations governing vessels' management.
- Committed, responsible, with excellent time management skills.
- Independent, outcome-driven, organized, and resourceful.
- Strong team orientation with the ability to manage cross-functional relationships in a dynamic environment.
They prioritize talent development and provide ample opportunities for career progression.
Negotiable Salary dependent on experience
Travel allowances continue