Faststream are working with a leading maritime administration delivering exceptional service to the shipping community with a global presence.
As a Surveyor your main tasks and responsibilities:
- To be actively involved in the daily technical functions of a busy operation office.
- Report directly to the Regional Director with any relevant information when required.
- Responding to clients in a timely manner, ensuring the effective implementation of the IMO, and ILO conventions and instruments.
- Actively be part of the dynamic team to deliver the fundamentals of the role on a day-to-day basis.
- Have a university degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or a related subject and have at least 2 years post-graduate experience with an IACS Classification Society or reputable maritime administration.
- Registered with the Engineering Council as a Chartered Engineer and Member of a Recognised Professional Body or in the process of achieving this.
- Sound knowledge of the design, construction, and operation of all vessel types.
- Thorough knowledge of the interrelationship of National Administrations, Port State Control MoU’s, Classification Societies, the IMO, and other Regulatory Bodies.
- Thorough knowledge of Classification Society Rules and Regulations for the Classification of ships.
- A thorough knowledge of International Conventions, instruments and codes appertaining to the Marine
- Strong proficiency in the English language both verbal and written.
- Proficient level of computer literacy.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients,
customers, and the general public.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a dynamic team in a role that is varied and interesting. On top of a competitive salary and benefits package, there is potential for promotion for candidates with the right attitude.