We are looking for an individual who can be a role model, managing and supervising colleagues to deliver the company values and ensure profitability.
As a Superintendent Engineer your main tasks and responsibilities:
- To take part in the appraisals and development of subordinates to support performance.
- Develop services for new generation EC engine & DF & Gas engine components.
- Enhance technical competence and report writing by developing and executing training plans.
- Assist with inspection, installation (incl. engine alignment), repair, upgrading, troubleshooting and overhaul of 2-stroke diesel engines and auxiliary equipment.
- Responsible for timesheet submissions- correctness and timely.
- Liaise internally with Customer and Sales with updates to Dept. Manager for additional work scopes with proper paperwork and approval.
- Able to provide formal recommendations and repair proposals on breakdown or failure attendance. And corrective actions as required during work progress.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment, and tools in good order and maintaining good housekeeping at all job locations.
- Communicating with the agent/ship owner and other entities, including arranging work permits/entry permits through phone and email.
- Hold at least a diploma in Marine/Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have experience working with engine makers or in the marine industry on generation engines.
- Must have an in-depth experience and knowledge of repairing/maintenance of different types of 2-stroke marine engines.
- Service knowledge on HPS, HCU, ECS, and FIVA.
- Have experience sailing on electronically controlled engines and possess a seaman's book.
- Proficient level of computer literacy.
- Strong proficiency in the English language both verbal and written.
- Willing and able to travel when required.
- Knowledge of the marine or offshore industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with a passion for 2-stroke engines, coming from an engine maker or servicing background, in return, they offer an excellent benefits package.