There has never been a better time to join LR as they have recently embarked on a journey of rapid transformation and growth following the divestment of their Business Assurance and Inspection Services divisions.
Faststream are delighted to have been selected to enter into a global talent partnership with LR to support their rapid growth and transformation by delivering talented individuals who are ready to embark upon career defining journeys.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Lloyd’s Register’s Maritime Performance Services (LR MPS) group on our journey to be the industry’s trusted advisor that improves the performance and sustainability of our customer’s business. A key part of the LR MPS group is our ship performance team which provides advisory services to support client challenges associated with decarbonisation, energy efficiency technologies, efficient and sustainable ship operations, independent assurance and verification of performance and design. With the shipping industry now faced with the challenge of reduction and ultimately elimination of greenhouse gas emissions from shipping, LR’s ship performance services are in high demand and growing rapidly.
We are currently looking to recruit a ship performance consultant with exceptional skills in naval architecture, data analysis and field measurement. The successful candidate will provide specialist consultancy services to support LR’s rapidly growing technical advisory and ship performance business line. With the shipping industry moving towards a decarbonised future, there is an increasing demand for our consultancy advisory services for low/zero carbon shipping technology and independent in-service performance assessments of new shipping technologies. This role will support growth in this area and provide unique opportunities for career development in a rapidly changing engineering sector.
To be considered for this position you will need:
- A degree or equivalent within the field of marine, mechanical engineering or data science. Post graduate degree in engineering (MSc, MEng, or PhD) is not required but would be an asset.
- Proven ability in the technical domains of data acquisition and advanced data analysis.
- Knowledge of the marine industry and naval architecture.
- Ability to apply theoretical, analytical, and numerical skills for modelling, data interpretation, and problem classification, in order to solve complex challenges.
- Proficiency with Python and web tool development would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team on larger projects.
- Strong consultancy and engineering oriented mindset.
- Ambitious, positive and self-motivated attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable to new challenges.
- Willing to travel when required.
- Proficiency in the English language commensurate with the work.