As a Service Engineer your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Carrying out Installs, services, and repairs of electronics’ equipment onboard ships.
- Loading, updating, and modifying software.
- Use knowledge of radio frequencies (RF), electronic theory and circuitry to address a variety of technical problems encountered during assigned tasks onboard
- Keeping up to date with all regulations affecting the ships equipment on board
- Composing detailed service reports
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by team leader/superior
- Communicate with Coordinators, Agents, Crews, Captains, and Superintendents
- A background within the marine sector, specifically in marine electronics with field experience
- A confident and reliable individual with strong communication skills.
- A good understanding of mathematical data
- Practical problem solver with the ability to display a systematic approach to evaluation and resolution.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and enthusiastic individual with an organised approach
- Must be familiar with measures equipment test and calibration
- Good knowledge of computer systems
- Strong understanding of all parts of the equipment approved and familiarity with manufacturers procedures
- Must have bachelor’s or master’s degree in electronics, engineering technology.