As a Service Engineer your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Independently carrying out repairs and maintenance on a variety of different equipment both onshore and offshore.
- Perform surveys and inspections on customer's ships including radio surveys and VDR performance tests
- Supporting the Senior Engineer in the service and installation of marine electronics
- Carry out any necessary duties that may develop as the business evolves
- This position involves working outdoors and working at heights at times
- A proven background within the marine sector, preferably within an electrical engineering environment
- A formal qualification in electronics e.g. HNC/HND level or NVQ3.
- Understanding of Communication systems such as VHF & MF/HF Radio, VSAT and GPS navigation systems.
- Will require some weekend and out-of-hours work on an ad-hoc basis
- On occasion may require travel both in the UK and overseas
- Must have the ability to work without supervision in an environment where no two days are the same.
- Must be able to work with a small but dynamic team and be flexible to ensure the business succeeds
- Valid passport and driving license
- Must have the right to work in the UK