The Company -
My client are a desired place to work and have a reach across many sectors of Energy, Engineering and construction around the world. They have over 40,000 people working for them to make sure all areas are covered with the smartest hard-working people there are.
The Role -
Responsible for ensuring that the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) aspects of the design within the clients project scope are maintained to the relevant acceptable standards and comply with applicable legislation. In addition, execute and monitor Safety Engineering activities.
- Ensure company standards and processes are followed across the technical safety and loss prevention activities and deliverables on this project as detailed in this job description.
- To support the Lead Safety Engineer, project management and engineering disciplines with design HSE concerns and queries.
- Highlight to line manager where any additional Technical Safety reviews are necessary because of scope change, design development, etc.
- Ensure that all required Technical Safety Reviews are completed in line with project schedule.
- Gathering & compiling process safety and environmental information.
- At the end of each project phase, ensure that all lists, files reports, etc. are filed correctly, ready for input to the next project phase.
- Delivering the activities and deliverables allocated to the location in accordance with the project schedule and Master document register.
- Undertaking Technical Safety Reviews such as Human factors, Hazardous Area Classification, Inherent Safety, Alarm Prioritisation, etc.
- Extensive experience in technical safety is essential (5 years +)
- Experience in petrochemicals, refining, oil and gas desirable.
- Experience in performing consequence modelling using proprietary software i.e. PHAST.
- Chemical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- HAZOP/HAZID Chair/Participation Experience
- Must possess valid TUV FS Eng certification or equivalent
- Must have the right to work in the UK