The Company -
My client covers all areas of Subsea Engineering, from the start of design plans to the end of the decommissioning projects. With continued growth in the company, they will be leading the way with various contract wins and a vast number of opportunities.
The Role -
The Senior Project Engineer is required to take responsibility for project work assigned to them in support of the client's core business as well as any potential new business opportunities. Hybrid working onshore with occasional offshore visits.
- Perform technical audits and design reviews.
- Liaise with and review/approve subcontractor's deliverables.
- Develop, review and/or approve engineering documents and data.
- Supervise personnel assigned.
- Mentor junior engineers as required.
- Perform staff performance reviews as required.
- Prepare project documentation such as work procedures, method statements, reports, technical notes, MoM’s, risks assessments, cost estimates and schedules as required by the project;
- Perform review/IDC of project documentation prepared by other engineers;
- Lead discrete packages of work assigned by Project Manager with responsibility for completing deliverables to schedule and budget;
- Co-ordination of engineers and supporting functions (draughting, structural, analysis, DCC etc.) to complete work packages;
- Provide offshore support as required by the project.
- Demonstrate suitable level of knowledge and understanding of company’s core business streams;
- Interface with Clients to develop work scopes, schedules and budget costs for engineering activities.
- Prepare tender documentation such as scope of work, ITT, RFQ as required.
- Oversee and mentor Project and Graduate Engineers on technical matters and company/industry standards;
- Provide guidance and support to Engineers aiming to become incorporated or chartered.
- Gather feedback on and hold staff performance reviews as required. Prepare proposal documentation such as CTRs, manplans, MDR’s, method statements, schedules and final proposals to support company proposals for work offshore
- Demonstrate an in-depth level of knowledge and understanding of offshore project being executed.
- Prepare, report and manage all required project documentation throughout the course of the offshore works.
- Integrate with the vessel/site/platform team to ensure the work is executed correctly.
- Responsible for running the shift and attending daily project meetings if being utilised in an execution role.
- Responsible for managing subcontractors for the execution of their discreet packages within the offshore scope.
- Support the Project Manager as required with deliverables such as weekly/monthly reporting, cost budgeting, tracking and forecasting.
- Provide input to, and/or present at project PMSR’s as required by Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing CTRs and schedule throughout the duration of the project to support execution works
- Support the business development function in attracting new business and liaising with clients as required by the Business Development Manager.
- Acquainted in legislation and standards as relevant for area of responsibility
- Competent with relevant technical software for area of responsibility (MS Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Visio / Project)
- Engineering execution and procedure development experience.
- Management and interface of subcontractors.
- Oil and Gas or Energy Related past engineering experience.
- Offshore execution experience in core business streams.
- University degree level in relevant engineering discipline.