As a Senior Physical Bunker Trader, you will play a pivotal role in the purchase and sale of marine fuel and associated products. Building profitable and enduring relationships with a diverse portfolio of counterparties will be a key focus. You will demonstrate a risk-aware perspective, particularly regarding credit risk and payment performance.
- Proactively market to a portfolio of new and existing customers, establishing and nurturing relationships to drive increased enquiries and successfully sell the company's comprehensive range of products and services.
- Foster open communication with fellow traders, maximizing the efficient flow of market and customer intelligence throughout the company. Provide full support to international colleagues by actively and diligently handling inbound enquiries from other regional offices within the organization.
- Analyze and interpret market conditions, understanding counterparty needs. Deliver accurate product and price information, skillfully negotiate deals, prepare and process orders, and address general customer queries related to the sales process.
- Take proactive measures to control credit risk, ensuring timely follow-up on late payments, minimizing claim costs, and regularly evaluating the financial strength of counterparties in collaboration with the Credit Team.
- Leverage the global network of the company to develop and expand its business portfolio. Identify and maximize all sales opportunities that arise, ensuring a consistent growth trajectory.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in bunker trading is required for this senior position.
- Demonstrated expertise in trading, preferably within the bunker sector or the maritime industry.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills to foster strong relationships and drive successful sales initiatives.