As a Senior Field Engineer your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Attend on-board services to install, configure and repair systems efficiently, timely and successfully.
- Assist technical enquiries and attendance on vessels
- Able to troubleshoot, diagnose and evaluate the operation of products
- Work with subcontractors, dealers, and end-user customers for evaluating technical product related topics
- Analyzing and repairing of products returned
- Development of documentation for troubleshooting and knowledgebase
- Deliver detailed product training and training of new technicians that start.
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent, with a business degree or similar an asset.
- Experience working on 3-axis KU, KA and/or C-Band stabilized marine antennas
- Experience managing a group of engineers or being their Team Leader
- Maritime/Sat-com certification; GVF, NMEA, MEI, Manufacturer training
- Strong understanding of RF technologies
- IT Network troubleshooting skills; DHCP, TCP/IPv4 & v6, Sub-netting, routing, etc.
- Strong mechanical skills and ability to use hand tools for lengthy periods
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Docs. Generally, Technology savvy
- Able to travel at short notice