Silverstream Technologies has successfully developed and deployed a market-leading clean marine technology solution over the last ten years – The Silverstream® System. Our Air Lubrication System (ALS) fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel’s hull, creating a carpet of microbubbles that coats the flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced – dramatically improving a vessel’s fuel consumption and associated emissions.
Provide technical support to our Sales Team during the bid phase of new projects to maximise bid win rates and minimise new project risks. This will be by assisting with compilation of performance estimates interfacing with the Product Development Lead and Performance Analyst to coordinate demands such that works are delivered in a timely manner.
- Review and understand customer specifications and requirements.
- Create and maintain standard bid technical documents and drawings on behalf of the Product Development Lead (Performance Estimates) and Product Manager (Technical offering).
- Adapt standard bid documents for project specific requirements.
- Produce Assumptions, Exclusions & Deviations Lists (AED).
- Ensure consistency of technical solutions as applicable to vessel type, size and operational profile.
- Support customer meetings and correspondence with technical expertise.
- Generate and maintain technically focused sales collateral.
- Prepare statements of work and technical input to Requests for Quotation (RFQ).
- Review supply chain bids to assure technical compliance.
- Assess project scope of work and identify matching Product.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks within the project.
- Coordinate technical bid reviews with Tech Team stakeholders.
- Provide technical input to customer business case development.
- Prepare technical aspects of new order handover process.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and process optimisation.
- Provide technical input to development of a bid configurator.
- Attend and lead vessel surveys.
- Degree in Engineering or a relevant subject.
- Chartered Engineering Status is desirable though not essential.
- Experience with providing engineering input to marine bids and projects involving system integration and outfitting.
- A clear and demonstrable history in delivery of engineering expertise to projects with mechanical, electrical and automation elements.
- A clear and demonstrable understanding of marine compressors, piping, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), and automation.
- Experience relating to the oversight and verification of mechanical works executed within a shipyard environment.
- Experience in proposal development activity related to equipment sales within the marine sector.
- Knowledge of marine classification society rules (DNV, ABS, LR, etc.).