Their engineers create everything from the initial concept to the final design for multidisciplinary projects. They develop ideas for new products and prototypes, as well as evolving the design details of established ranges. They integrate innovative functional solutions to support the industry.
They are looking to recruit a Project engineer to support the Engineering Team with project documentation and control, job cost accounting, scheduling, and construction supervision efforts managing a range of projects. Reporting to the Lead Project Engineer, the candidate will be involved in resolving fabrication issues and implementing fabrication improvements; updating 3D models, detail drawings and BOM’s as part of the engineering change process.
This role is based in Orkney, they are open to candidates who work on a part remote basis and travel to site as required or can offer accommodation for someone open to relocating there.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure paperwork and documentation is up to date and maintained
- Update standard procedures and operational schematics as necessary
- To prepare drawings, sketches and specifications in construction Engineering
- Managing the Risk Assessment of projects and Management of Change
- To produce operations Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- To provide technical advice and consultancy services.
- To produce final design information for use in preparation layouts, part lists and the specifications for materials and other components
- A relevant engineering degree.
- Project engineering experience in the offshore industry.
- Ideally experience with cabling/ mooring operations.
- Team player, with the ability to work autonomously.
- Microsoft office skills are required.
- AutoCAD 3D or similar skills are preferred.