- Manage permits, licenses, and authorizations for helicopter, submersible, Zodiac, and water sport operations, and other permits as needed.
- Maintain a global list of permit requirements for all destinations.
- Be the primary port-related contact for Vessels.
- Prepare pre-voyage reports for onboard management.
- Coordinate immediate ground services for vessel calls into port.
- Obtain permit-related cost information for budget planning.
- Stay updated on local, national, and international port regulations.
- Provide support to the Director of Port Operations (Ocean).
- External: Port Agents, Government agencies, professional bodies, Superyacht Agency Services, Civil Aviation Authorities.
- Internal: Director of Port Operations (Ocean), Director of Discovery Operations, General Manager – Ocean Operations, Onboard Vessel Management team, Product team, Shorex team.
Experience and Education:
- Experience in port operations, with a preference for marine activities.
- Familiarity with port agency services.
- Understanding of vessel permitting in ports.
- General knowledge of vessel operations, particularly expedition activities.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in relevant port operations and permitting software.
- Thorough understanding of port operations and key partners.
- Knowledge of permit acquisition processes.
- Awareness of the global port network.