The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical requirements and interfaces for the clients Pipelay Vessels fleet. You will be responsible for managing the relationship between the Vessel and Equipment Superintendents, as well as the clients main major equipment’s manufacturer. Day to day, you will support the vessel superintendents with technical structural and mechanical issues of the vessels, including any equipment upgrades. You will support the Pipelay Manager, Technical Leads and Equipment Superintendent in their day-to-day work on the fleet. You will provide technical assistance with breakdowns and maintenance, prepare specifications, scope or works etc for modifications, amongst various other duties relating to on shore and offshore engineering and projects of the pipelay fleet.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Educated to degree level within Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or electrical Engineering
- Relevant working experience in the above fields also considered
- Technical Engineering background
- Extensive people management experience
- Offshore technical experience dealing with Lay Systems and Equipment
- The existing right to live and work in the UK and be based within commuting distance to Aberdeen