The are looking to recruit an Ocean Freight Forwarding Associate to join their team based in Ontario.
The role involves :
- Acting as a liaison between clients, operations team and all other stakeholders.
- Obtain and build out freight rates, processing requests within desired timelines.
- Creatively building shipping strategies, working with ocean and inland shipping companies to create value add solutions for the client.
- Rate negotiation.
- Ensuring ocean import and export documentation is functioning consistently.
- Ensure timely and accurate movement of freight and information.
- Keeping clients informed of booking notices and position updates.
- Arrange collection of client goods with overseas agents and communicate updates, pick-ups, etc.
- Issuance of manifests, BLs, delivery requests and releases.
- CIFFA Level I and II certification
- 5+ years in the freight forwarding and logistics industry
- Strong organizational and time management skills, detail oriented and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical, critical thinking skills and a business savvy mentality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced industry as part of a team or solo
- Proficient in English, Spanish language skills are an asset
- You must have the right to work in Canada