My client specialises in engineering design, clean technology and technical consultancy for the marine and offshore environments.
Reporting to the Lead Naval Architect, the candidate shall be responsible for developing designs and performing hydrodynamic, hydrostatic, mooring and riser analyses as per Client specifications and Industry standards and regulations, while being proficient in writing technical specifications and design documents.
- Undertaking the design processes from concept through FEED to detailed design.
- Designing and analysing offshore structures.
- Performing intact and damaged stability calculations for floating units.
- Perform hydrodynamic analyses for floating units.
- Writing and checking technical reports
- Degree qualified in Naval Architecture or similar discipline.
- A strong technical background in the offshore industry, ideally with Mooring Systems, Buoys, Fixed and Floating O&G/Renewable Structures.
- Report writing skills, technical reports and calculation notes to support analytical work carried out.
- Competent in performing Mooring and Hydrodynamic analysis.
- Experience in using the following software’s: OrcaFlex, Ariane, Hydrostar, GHS, SESAM
- Experience in Python language for pre- and post-processing of engineering analyses.
- Familiar with offshore code and standards