The Company -
They are a big international Oil & Gas company that cover a vast number of areas in the Energy world. From fabrication to procurement & Renewables to Upstream production.
The Role -
- A proactive attitude and approach to provide a maintenance function to the process department, carrying out repairs to all mechanical plants and equipment to minimise down time and loss of production.
- React to unplanned plant failures, by assessing the failures and failure mechanisms, implementing repair strategies to return to service in the safest and efficient manner. This will require an aptitude to work under pressure, come up with logical solutions and leadership qualities to encourage others to assist at short notice.
- Review efficiencies and eliminate waste of time/resources within the manufacturing process to deliver high quality products/components to clearly defined standards.
- Assist in the selection and management of critical spares, through sourcing of information, selection of spares, three quote tendering process and request for spares through material master and SAP.
- To assist the Inspections department with preparation of all plant equipment for statutory inspections, ensuring vessels are isolated, opened up, cleaned and all mechanical disconnections/isolations are put in place.
- Cover the role of originator for permit works for mechanical/lifting activities/jetting/scaffolding/civil activities, both for contractors and fitters.
- Must have the right to work in the UK for this position.
- Have worked on major outages, plant shutdowns (TAR’s), and be good at managing stressful situations.
- Computer literate with Word, Excel, Microsoft project, SAP (Experience of CMMS).
- Minimum Mechanical experience with at least 5 years’ industrial experience (COMAH, chemical, Pharmaceutical, Gas and Oil etc sites).
- LOLER regulations, even better if experience as Appointed Persons.
- A good understanding of PUWER and COSHH regulations, ideally with a Health and safety qualification, NEBOSH/IOSH or equivalent.
- Operating a permit to work system, including isolation and lock off procedures, LOLER regulations, confined space, working at height.
Brief Understanding of PSSR regulations and Hydraulic pressure testing procedures.
- Having knowledge of rotating equipment in an industrial environment, laser alignment systems and mechanical seals would be advantageous to this role.
- Have an understanding of ASBESTOS management.