This is an excellent opportunity to grow your career with an industry leading organisation. Your existing skills and experience will be put to good use managing a varied workload in a fast paced environment, and you will receive training to develop a thorough understanding of operations, policies, methods, and procedures.
As a Marine Surveyor your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Visiting manufacturers and/or fabricators for routine surveys to carry out material certification and witness fabrication of components
- Working directly with clients to identify and resolve problems in area of technical expertise.
- Performing work involving applying conventional surveying practices, carrying out problem resolution activities and coordination of activities among other disciplines
- Preparing technically accurate and timely survey reports and responses to internal and external communications.
- Implementing and maintaining the Company's Quality System within assigned area of responsibility.
- A degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Marine Engineering
- Previous experience in a related role and industry
- Fluency in spoken and written German and English language.
- Ability to perform surveys in the prescribed format.
- Knowledge of engineering systems and machinery, and ability to read engineering plans.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computer programs or software packages related to job responsibilities.
- Solution focused mindset, with the ability to identify and analyze problems and propose effective solutions.
- Strong client management skills, responsive to customers.
- Team player, able to work well with others.
- The right to live and work in Germany without restriction.
You must be resident in (or willing to relocate to) the Haan area, ideally Dortmund.