As a Marine Lecturer your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Preparing and delivering the course material as directed by your line manager.
- Carry out classroom teaching, tutorial work, assessments, and other learning material.
- Working in line with all policies and procedures of the college and faculty.
- Liaise with parents, guardians, Schools, and employers, as necessary including parents' evenings.
- Participate in a range of marketing activities based in Colleges, Schools or elsewhere.
- Work as a member of one or more course teams and to take responsibility for the administration and management of specified courses or subject areas as required.
- Participate in arrangements for examinations, including writing and marking papers and invigilation duties as appropriate.
- To manage one or more elements of the faculty programme as directed by the Head of Learning Standards/Head of Commercial Services/Head of Employer Engagement/Head of School/Curriculum Leader/Quality Coordinator.
- At least an OOW Certificate of Competency or a degree in a relevant nautical or science discipline plus industrial experience or an HNC/D in Nautical Science combined with recent nautical experience.
- Served at sea as a navigational officer.
- Up-to-date knowledge/experience in nautical or marine safety topics.
- It would be desirable to have a Chief Mate or Master's Unlimited certificate of competency.
- Must be a strong communicator in both verbal and written English.
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK.