As a Marine Electronics Technician your main tasks and responsibilities:
- To attend customer vessels or premises to carry out installation, commissioning, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
- Provide technical support to customers as well as the company's sales and service team.
- Proactively finding opportunities to promote the sales of company products and services during contact with customers
- Works with the Principle Engineer and appointed Administrator to Maintain existing client relationships and develop new
- Able to perform surveys and inspections of ship radio communications and radio navigational installations, subject to being in possession of the appropriate qualifications, accreditations, and experience
- Be competent with marine equipment and integrated systems in line with their experience and qualifications
- Works with the Principle Engineer and appointed Administrator to ensure the efficient operation of the Marine service Centre
- Must have past experience in a service industry as well as an in-depth knowledge of Marine Navigation and communication systems.
- Have a good track record in customer service.
- Hold an HNC/HND or equivalent in an Electronics / Electrical discipline.
- Full driving license is required.
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to express ideas in both written and verbal form to a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to think in an entrepreneurial way and apply good commercial business sense to technical decisions.
- Technical competency, able to show an in depth understanding of the rules and regulations surrounding the marine industry as well as knowledge of electronics engineering.
- It would be desirable to have a GMDSS operators' certificate and BOSIET or OLF certification.
- Flexibility with the ability to work overtime when needed, with regular travel required both in the UK and overseas.
- Requirement to use harness equipment to work at height. All Marine Electronics Technicians/ Engineers must be able to pass a working at height medical and pass an annual practical training course.
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK.