We are looking for a Marine Electronics Engineer to independently carry out installations and repairs on Marine Navigation and communication systems on a variety of vessels while promoting the company's goods and services during the course of their duties.
As a Marine Electronics Engineer your main tasks and responsibilities:
- To ensure the efficient operation of the marine service centre, working with the Principle Engineer and appointed administrator.
- Installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of electronics equipment on customers vessels and premises.
- Provide technical support to customers and the company's sales and service agents.
- Proactively finding opportunities to promote the sales of company products and services during contact with customers
- Maintaining client's relationship in partnership with both the Principle Engineer and the appointed Administrator.
- Able to perform surveys and inspections of ship radio communications and radio navigational installations, subject to being in possession of the appropriate qualifications, accreditations, and experience
- Be competent with marine equipment and integrated systems in line with their experience and qualifications
- Must have past experience in a service industry as well as an in-depth knowledge of Marine Navigation and communication systems.
- Have a good track record in customer service.
- Hold an HNC/HND or equivalent in an Electronics / Electrical discipline.
- Full driving license is required.
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to express ideas in both written and verbal form to a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to think in an entrepreneurial way and apply good commercial business sense to technical decisions.
- Technical competency, able to show an in-depth understanding of the rules and regulations surrounding the marine industry as well as knowledge of electronics engineering.
- It would be desirable to have a GMDSS operators' certificate and BOSIET or OLF certification.
- Flexibility with the ability to work overtime when needed, with regular travel required both in the UK and overseas.
- Requirement to use harness equipment to work at height. All Marine Electronics Technicians/ Engineers must be able to pass a working at height medical and pass an annual practical training course.
- Working knowledge of the UK maritime market.
- Must have the right to work in the UK.