Our client is a renowned cruise ship management company committed to providing exceptional service, safety, and unforgettable experiences to passengers worldwide. With a strong focus on marine safety, they have established themselves as an industry leader, and their commitment to excellence sets them apart.
As a Marine Safety Officer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the functionality, reliability, and compliance of life-saving appliances and fire-fighting equipment on board the ships. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with shipboard personnel and authorized service suppliers to monitor the Planned Maintenance System (PMS) for life-saving appliances and fire-fighting equipment.
- Working closely with the Technical Department and Safety Officer to maintain and update the Life Saving Appliances (LSA) Plan, Fire Control Plan (FCP), and Shipboard Fire Plan (SFP).
- Planning, performing, and following up on regular and occasional marine and safety inspections, providing comprehensive reports, and addressing any non-compliance issues.
- Maintaining budgets for the assigned ships and scope.
- Participating in company emergency management as a Company Emergency Phone Holder on a rotational basis.
- Conducting employment/promotion interviews, briefings, and appraisals of Safety Officers in collaboration with the Crewing department.
- Previous experience as a Safety Officer onboard a reputed cruise line.
- Familiarity with the upkeep and maintenance of Life Saving Appliances (LSA) and Fire-Fighting Equipment (FFA).
- Holding a Master Mariner license is preferred.
- Previous shore experience working with LSA and FFA is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines in a pressurized environment.
- Strong relationship-building skills with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive and self-driven, capable of working independently to deliver excellent results.
- Analytical and logical thinker with effective planning and prioritization skills, using a data-driven approach to problem-solving.
You must have the right to live and work in the EU to be considered or this role.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.