- Promote and adhere to the company’s vision of zero harm.
- Manage day-to-day technical operation and performance of assigned vessels to ensure that applicable requirements to safety, quality, efficiency and environmental performance are met.
- Liaise closely with Operations to optimize each vessel’s overall commercial performance.
- Develop, monitor and control running cost budgets to meet goals and KPI’s.
- Identify areas for improvements and modifications, evaluate and improve vessel performance.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with statutory, class and other third-party requirements.
- Supervise and report repairs and modifications.
- Manage all phases of the dry-docking process from initial planning to completion.
- Contribute to improved learning transfer across the fleets.
- Ensure that all activities, also by third parties engaged, comply with set HSEQ standards.
- Visit assigned vessels regularly.
- Conduct appraisals of onboard ship management team.
- Monitor guarantee defects and claims and ensure repairs are closed out and reported.
- BSc/MSc in Marine engineering or Master/Chief/2Eng Engineer.
- Technical skills related to ship operation and repairs.
- Experience as Technical Superintendent, or similar, is an advantage.
- Knowledge from LPG or product tankers is an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- Good command of English.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills, with cultural awareness.
- Proactive with a strong personal drive.
- Good analytical skills/assessment ability.
- Leadership skills.
- Have a holistic perspective, without losing attention to details.
- Competitive terms.
- International and highly competent working environment.
- A challenging position and good opportunities for individual development.
As the world’s leading owner and operator of LPG carriers with five decades of operating experience, BW LPG promotes competitive, sustainable solutions to secure value for society and its stakeholders. Their global footprint spans seven countries with 15 nationalities represented across its workforce. The fleet of 39 Very Large Gas Carriers (VLGC) offer a total carrying capacity of over 3 million CBM. From spot voyages and time charters to Contracts of Affreightments (CoAs), the company's emphasis on flexible, reliable service has earned the trust of leading oil companies as well as trading and utility companies. BW LPG is associated with BW Group, a leading global maritime company involved in shipping, floating infrastructure, deepwater oil & gas production, and new sustainable technologies. Founded in 1955 by Sir YK Pao, BW controls a fleet of over 490 vessels transporting oil, gas and dry commodities, with its 200 LNG and LPG ships constituting the largest gas fleet in the world. In the renewables space, the group has investments in solar, wind, batteries, biofuels and water treatment.
If the above sounds like you and you would like to find out more about being part of this fantastic business apply today.
Please note to be considered for this role the existing right to live and work in Norway is a must.