This 2nd line management role will have 4 desktop support representatives, based across EMEA as direct reports and cover 38 countries.
- Management experience, in a Service Desk or Desktop Support role required
- No maritime experience required
- Project Management experience desired
- London based
- Hybrid working - 2 days a week from home
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science
- Experience managing the successful implementation of major technological shifts, the supervision of a technical staff and the strategic planning for technology.
- Ability to collaborate, build bridges and make sound recommendations with other functional departments on the applied use of technology solutions.
- Ability to assess organizational, administrative and project management skills and bring solutions and concrete actions to bear in areas needing assistance.
- Excellent project management skills and organizational skills to assess needs, organize solutions and achieve results as planned.
- Capacity to travel in nominated region
- Clarity and conciseness in oral and written communications; demonstrated capability to produce effective presentations for delivery to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Prior experience working in organizations to support services provided to internal/remote clients.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills to achieve process changes and departmental goals within a matrix organization; ability to communicate and work well with others at all levels of the corporation.
- Functional competency and sufficient knowledge to manage and work in an environment that includes Microsoft Applications, Microsoft Azure and Exchange Server, Oracle ERP, MS PowerBI; Cisco routers and switches, VPN and VoIP, MS Teams Voice and video conferencing tools.
- Prior experience with financial analysis, budgeting, and reporting for capital projects and operations expenses.
- Should have experience with business continuity planning, auditing, and risk management, as well as contract and vendor negotiation.
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the senior management team and who is able to communicate strategic IT related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.