Silverstream Technologies has successfully developed and deployed a market-leading clean marine technology solution over the last ten years – The Silverstream® System. Our Air Lubrication System (ALS) fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel’s hull, creating a carpet of microbubbles that coats the flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced – dramatically improving a vessel’s fuel consumption and associated emissions.
The Head of QHSE is a key addition to the team, responsible for developing and sustaining our management systems and certification across the company.
The role reports to the Vice President Corporate Services and is primarily responsible for the implementation, management, and continual improvement of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental systems and processes in support of Company strategic objectives to safeguard our people, enhance business performance and create value to customers and business partners. Supporting the Vice President Corporate Services in achieving/maintaining International Standards such as ISO 9001/14001/45001 across our global operation is core to this position.
- Ensure QHSE processes and standards are effectively managed across all activities and business processes.
- Manage the relevant accreditation processes with the chosen certification body and report on progress.
- Help formulate the accreditation strategy across the business.
- Manage, support and facilitate QHSE improvement activities across the Company through the use and deployment of appropriate tools and techniques.
- Develop and monitor the annual program of Internal Audit. Analyse and report audit findings with the aim of harnessing best practice and removing waste.
- Support the preparation of regular Management Reviews (two per annum) which demonstrate the effectiveness of the management system(s), including performance against objectives, implementation of best practice and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Seek to continually introduce new and improve existing processes which add value to the Company and our stakeholders.
- Initiate, develop and present training programmes to increase awareness, performance and understanding of QHSE processes.
- Mentor the teams in best practice QHSE standards.
- Deputise for VP Corporate Services in all matters relating to QHSE.
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline
- Audit experience (ideally Lead Auditor) and preferably some form of H&S qualification.
- Ideally experienced in industrial or technology sectors specifically geared towards Quality Management Systems.
- Good knowledge of Quality, Environmental and Safety & Health legislation and requirements as well as relevant international standards (ISO 9001/14001/45001)
- Good knowledge of information management systems and IT tools.
- Experienced in leading Quality and Health & Safety investigations, using recognised root cause tools.
- Concise and clear report writer, communicator, and presenter.
- Travel where required to Europe and Asia.
- Contracted to our London office, but with flexibility in accordance with our Hybrid Working Policy.