Silverstream Technologies has successfully developed and deployed a market-leading clean marine technology solution over the last ten years – The Silverstream® System. Our Air Lubrication System (ALS) fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel’s hull, creating a carpet of microbubbles that coats the flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced – dramatically improving a vessel’s fuel consumption and associated emissions.
Global Category Management is at the heart of our Supply Chain strategy and is responsible for the end to end ownership of Control and Instrumentation.
It is a pivotal role in ensuring we have resilience, robustness and diversity across the supply chain, including indirect partnerships and strategic alliances that are underwritten by our Technical function to ensure relevant supplier competencies exist and deliverables are functionally compliant where appropriate to the given category. The development and management of our supply chain partners is essential to our success.
This new role reports to the Head of Supply Chain for functional alignment and directly to the VP Operations to ensure a high degree of commercial impact. The role is primarily responsible for;
- establishing best practice category strategy, policies and procedures
- developing and executing a successful commercial category strategy to support our customers in OEM and aftermarket sales
- being the recognised Operational expert within the company for the given category
- establishing strong collaborative stakeholder relationships internally with our Commercial and Technical functions.
- Develop and execute a high performing sourcing and procurement strategy.
- Provide customer facing support to the Commercial function.
- Support the product Management and Development teams to align product strategy with the technology available in the global market.
- Be the voice of the supply chain market in strategy reviews and planning.
- Own the Do/Buy process for Control and Instrumentation and challenge conventional thinking.
- Provide subject matter expertise for the given category.
- Construct and manage complex, sophisticated commercial arrangements.
- Manage internal demands for support and recognise and respond to priority needs as they arise.
- Maintain a working knowledge of world-class supply chain processes.
- Participate in the development of functional and company strategic plans and goals.
- Work with the Supply Chain Management and Operational Execution teams to deliver the category outcomes.
- Lead supplier development from a product, cost, quality and delivery perspective.
- Mentor the project and business administration teams in best practice supplier engagement.
- Support QHSE lead to establish standards for QA/QC and HSE across the supply chain.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience needed...
- Minimum of 5 years commercial procurement, or related discipline, experience at a strategic level within the given category.
- Mastery of supplier identification, benchmarking and management.
- Mastery of supply chain and commercial risk management across the full business cycle.
- Mastery of complex, sophisticated and creative supplier negotiations.
- Mastery in Stakeholder management at all levels up to and including Board level with a proven ability to influence stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Skilled in current best practice QHSE requirements.
- Skilled in commercial management within an engineered project-based enterprise.
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g. CIPS and/or engineering in the given category.
- Excellent business standard English written, verbal and presentation skills.