Silverstream Technologies has successfully developed and deployed a market-leading clean marine technology solution over the last ten years - The Silverstream® System. Our Air Lubrication System (ALS) fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel's hull, creating a carpet of microbubbles that coats the flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced - dramatically improving a vessel's fuel consumption and associated emissions.
Reporting to the Lead Marine Engineer, this role is to provide subject matter knowledge to the Silverstream Technologies business in the context of mechanical components and piping systems that are integral to the functioning of ALS in Retrofit and Newbuild Projects. The role involves close work with the other engineering disciplines in both the UK and China.
You will be involved in a wide range of activities, including specification of components and their interface at ship, developing engineering documentation such as Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), ensuring project specific requirements are captured such that the Silverstream Product is configured to the application. You will also be responsible for reviewing shipyard documentation, performing engineering calculations to assist the shipyard’s design as well as helping to manage the technical relationship with key OEMs, chief amongst which are compressor manufacturers.
As Graduate Marine/Mechanical Engineer you may also be required to innovate, develop, test, and analyse solutions aimed at improving the performance and reducing the engineering cost of ALS.
- Take responsibility for health and safety in all aspects of your role.
- Provide subject matter knowledge on mechanical, HVAC and piping design.
- Apply discipline knowledge on Projects in support of Project Engineers (PE).
- Assist in the development and maintenance of core product definition.
- Carry out theoretical analysis.
- Support R&D activities through the following activities:
- Write test procedures including specification of equipment required.
- Attend testing onboard vessels.
- Carry out data analysis and use findings to justify business decisions.
- Contribute to design review, HAZID, and FMEA meetings.
- Develop and present technical arguments effectively and influence others accordingly.
- Balance conflicting priorities and manage workload effectively.
- Attendance at supplier, partner and customer sites for meetings, inspection etc.
- Attendance at shipyards for assessment of installation progress and overseeing of system commissioning activities.
- Present and share outcomes of engineering activities to the wider company and senior stakeholders.
- Higher Degree in Mechanical OR Marine Engineering.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or relevant software packages.