Location: Stamford, Connecticut
- Standardization of Policies and Procedures:
- Develop and implement standardized HR policies and procedures across all global offices, ensuring compliance with local regulations and industry standards.
- Work collaboratively with regional HR teams to streamline processes and foster a consistent organizational culture.
- Recruitment and Talent Management:
- Oversee the global recruitment strategy, ensuring the acquisition of top talent to meet the company's evolving needs.
- Implement effective talent management practices, including succession planning, career development, and performance management.
- International Operations Expertise:
- Leverage extensive experience working with international operations outside of North America to address HR challenges unique to different regions.
- Stay abreast of global HR trends and best practices to drive continuous improvement in HR strategies.
- Start-up HR Implementation:
- Take a leadership role in establishing HR functions in new startup locations globally, ensuring alignment with company values and objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate smooth onboarding processes in new locations.
- Employee Relations:
- Foster positive employee relations globally, promoting a healthy and inclusive work environment.
- Address and resolve employee concerns, disputes, and grievances, maintaining a focus on employee satisfaction and engagement.
- Strategic Planning and Collaboration:
- Work closely with the executive leadership team to align HR strategies with overall business objectives.
- Collaborate with other departments to enhance cross-functional communication and teamwork.
- Proven experience as a Global Head of HR or in a similar senior HR leadership role, ideally within the maritime shipping and logistics industry.
- In-depth knowledge of international HR regulations, labor laws, and cultural nuances.
- Strong track record of successfully standardizing HR processes across diverse global locations.
- Demonstrated expertise in recruitment, talent management, and HR strategy development.
- Experience in setting up HR functions in new startup locations globally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across different cultures and time zones.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to align HR initiatives with organizational goals.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. Master’s degree or relevant HR certifications are a plus.
If you are a seasoned HR professional with a global mindset and a passion for driving organizational success through effective HR strategies, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.