The Fleet Personnel Manager is primarily responsible for the efficient running of the Marine HR operations team in Glasgow. This role provides knowledge and advice, where required, in relation to Marine HR policies and procedures within the fleet. The position is largely responsible for manning, performance management and delivery on all fleet manning goals. This position supports the Vessel Managers and Fleet Managers in aspects relating to vessel manning as well as the Director, Marine HR with any other aspects relating to Marine HR.
- Treat safety and environmental compliance as a top priority.
- Lead the fleet Marine HR operations team in Glasgow and in particular provide daily mentoring and coaching to the Lead MPOs in order to help them develop in their roles.
- Manage and oversee the Marine personnel co-ordinators within the Marine HR team in Glasgow and Manila
- Manage and oversee the third party manning agency in Manila responsible for the crewing requirements of our Filipino ratings and officers.
- Operational responsibility for all aspects of crew management for the fleet including but not limited to compliance, crew planning, safe manning, STCW, MLC and IMO regulations.
- Support strategic planning for Marine HR operations and provide support as and when required in other related initiatives including the development of Marine HR procedures.
- Ensure correct application of Marine HR procedures across the Marine HR operations team for the fleet and maintain up to date procedures within Polaris.
- Manage the disciplinary process in respect of senior officers and provide guidance to LMPO’s on the disciplinary process for junior officers to ensure compliance with T&C’s/CBA.
- Ensuring charterer’s matrices are always met.
- Provide general MHR expertise to Vessel Managers and Fleet Manager as and when required.
- Overall responsibility for follow through on personal development of officers and crew ensuring that procedures and requirements are always maintained.
- Manage the process for senior officer induction in Glasgow.
- Support in identifying ongoing recruitment and promotion requirements for new buildings.
- Participating and supporting internal and external audits of Marine HR
- Management of employee relations and welfare services including company service award programs.
- Attendance at external conferences and forums as and when required.
- Conduct monthly manpower analysis, projections and prepare monthly and quarterly Marine HR KPI reports.
- People management and leadership skills.
- Understanding of manning functions within the organization.
- Ability to respond positively to customers in an effective manner.
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to a changing environment.
- Knowledge of marine training and certification legislation and requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- 5 years of experience within Marine HR operations.