Faststream are working with a global energy company that have input in various Oil & Gas projects. One of their subsidiaries is requiring an Electrical Engineer to assist with the maintenance activities of the plant.
The Company -
They are a huge international Oil & Gas company that covers a vast number of areas in the Energy world. From fabrication, procurement and upstream production to Renewables.
The Role -
- Direct the process of preventative maintenance for electrical equipment, to ensure compliance with the Statutory and Integrity inspection schedule as well as compliance with asset maintenance routines for all electrical equipment, to ensure safe and reliable plant operation.
- Support proactively E&I department and workshop E&I, Deputise for Instrumental engineer, and supervisors in case of their absence
- Support/own Site HV and LV maintenance activities and support of efficient running of site production facility
- As an Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for diagnosing, investigating, and fixing complex and technical faults on machinery, equipment, and components
- You should be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge of low and high voltage distribution systems, switchgear, generators, transfer switches and UPS.
- You will require good knowledge of automated control systems, PLC’s and VSD’s (including programming), fault diagnosis and installation.
- Working on the issues on automation lines in the finishing areas which involves modification to PLC programs and HMI Screens as well as assisting with electrical breakdowns when required and other general maintenance tasks.
- React to unplanned plant failures, by assessing the failures and failure mechanisms, implementing repair strategies in order to return to service in the safest and efficient manor, using a RCA approach
- Support the review of preventative maintenance Plan and progress reports management, by collating information through SAP or ANTEA: UPS and Generator maintenance and overhaul, hazardous area inspections, motor and switchgear maintenance reports, MCC and starters, transformers
- Use of electronic maintenance system, SAP to generate notifications/work orders, purchase materials and services, plan and structure plant assets and critical spare lists and record historic information and asset registers for electrical assets.
- Carry out preventative maintenance. Plan all maintenance activities, by collating work requests through SAP, creation of work order numbers, plan and communicate work requirements through planning department for weekly planning schedules, ensuring required resources are in place. Execution of planned work to individuals and team members, including permit request, correct isolation /lock off of electrical equipment, issue of work permits, monitoring progress of work, assisting and implementing corrective actions as required and closure of work activities, including removal of trade lock off padlocks and correct handover procedures.
- Originate (as originator) the permits for work on the weekly plan plus any additional work which may be brought up, primarily by production. This includes ensuring that suitable RAMS are available- in discussion with performing authorities
- Record and store historic work activities on plant electronic systems, including Microsoft word, excel and SAP. With photos, measuring of critical sizes/tolerances, to update asset records to comply with PUWER.
- Assist in the selection and management of critical spares, through sourcing of information, selection of spares, three quote tendering process and request for spares through material master and SAP
- Contractor management, through selection of services, purchasing of services through SAP and the (clients) three quote tendering system.
- Ensuring that all works carried out are carried out on time and in a safe and efficient way.
- Ensure, for the given domain, the technical analysis and the cost evaluation for requested interventions and assistance delivered by the Production Unit, granting the proper Job detailed description.
- Possessing good people skills, with experience of managing contractors.
- Use assertiveness if necessary to support the colleagues.
- Have worked on major outages, plant shutdowns (TAR’s), and be good at managing stressful situations.
- Computer literate with Word, Excel, Microsoft project, SAP (Experience of CMMS), experience in a permit to work system, including isolation and lock off procedures.
- Receptive to feedback within and outside of group.
- Preparedness to explore areas beyond one’s technical field.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude to the completion of work with the ability to work proactively and independently.
- Have a relevant qualification or 5 years experience in a similar role
Must have the right to work in the UK.